SPEECHES / SHORT
Article for Lok Sabha Secretariat on
70th Anniversary of India's Independence
by Bimal Jalan on 15 August 2017
National Housing Bank Annual Lecture
by Bimal Jalan on 10 July 2017
Presidency University Public Lecture, Kolkata, April 28, 2015
Economics, Politics and Governance
Kerala State Planning Board, Thiruvananthapuram, December 5, 2014
State of India's Economy, Politics and Governance
Dun & Bradstreet Keynote Address, New Delhi, August 22, 2014
India 2020 Economy Outlookr
Central Electricity Regulatory Commission, New Delhi, July 24, 2014
State of Indian Economy and the Emerging Role of the Regulator
State of Politics, Civil Service and Governance in India:
N.P. Sen Memorial Lecture at Hyderabad on 22 Febuary 2014
India International Centre: Golden Jubilee Lecture, New Delhi, November 27, 2012
Economic Reforms and Growth
The Asiatic Society, Kolkata - Indira Gandhi Memorial Lecture, November 19, 2011
India's Polity: Crisis of Governance
The Ranstad Award Ceremony, New Delhi, June 29, 2011
Notes on - Best Practices among Corporates
Transparency International Secound Annual Lecture, New Delhi, February 19, 2011
The Supply and Demand of Corruption
7th Nural Matin Memorial Lecture, Dhaka, July 20, 2007
Ethics in Banking
Speech at Postal Staff Collage Off Campus Talks VII, Delhi, June 7, 2007
Our Polity - A Case for Reforms
Outlook’ weekly newsmagazine, Delhi, April 3, 2006
India’s Economic Prospects - Are they Real?
Third Nani A.
Palkhivala Memorial Lecture by Bimal Jalan at Mumbai on January 16, 2006
of Powers : The Myth and the Reality”:
- The Financial Times, London, July 15, 2005
The Politics of India’s Reforms
Convocation Address by Dr Bimal Jalan at Indian
Institute of Management, Ahmedabad on April 3,
“Economics, Politics And Governance”
- Address by Dr. Bimal Jalan at 14th National Assembly of Forex Association of India on August 14, 2003
"Exchange Rate Management: An Emerging Consensus?"
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan at Bangalore on June 16, 2003.
32nd ACU Board Meeting – Governor’s Welcome Address
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan, Governor, Reserve Bank of India at the twenty-fourth Bank Economists' Conference, Bangalore on December 27, 2002
Strengthening Indian Banking and Finance: Progress and Prospects
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan at the symposium of Central Bank Governors hosted by the Bank of England in London on July 5, 2002
Bank of England’s Seminar on International Financial Architecture
- by Dr Bimal Jalan at the Thirty Sixth Convocation Address of the Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata on January 15, 2002
India and Globalisation
- by Dr Bimal Jalan at the Banking Economists' Conference, Kolkata, on January 14, 2002
Indian Banking and Finance: Managing New Challenges
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan at the National Institute for Bank Management, Pune, on January 6, 2002
Corporate Governance and Financial Sector: Some Issues
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan at India International Centre, New Delhi on January 15, 2001
"India’s Economy in the Twenty-First Century: A New Beginning or A False Dawn?"
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan at 22nd Bank Economists Conference, New Delhi on January 15, 2001
Banking and Finance in the New Millennium
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan at the 11th C.D. Deshmukh Memorial Lecture, Mumbai on December 07, 2000
Inflation and Growth
- by Dr. Bimal Jalan at the 21st Asia Pacific Congress held in New Delhi on December 1, 2000
Development and Management of Forex Markets : A Central Banking Perspective
- Excerpts from the transcribed version of the Inaugural address delivered by Dr. Bimal Jalan at the BancIT 2000 held at Bangalore on 14th July 2000.
Economic Growth, Banking & Information Technology:
- Inaugural speech at the Conference of Bank Chairmen held
at the National Institute of Bank Management Pune on January 6, 2000.
Banking in the Millenium:
- at the Administrative Staff College of India,
Hyderabad on December 6, 1999
Development Which Way Now?:
- 49th Anniversary
Lecture Central Bank of Sri Lanka, at Colombo on August 25, 1999
Financial Architecture: Developing Countries Perspective:
- Bank Economists Conference (BECON98) at Bangalore on
December 16, 1998
Towards a More
Vibrant Banking System:
- Valedictory address to the National Management
Convention at Calcutta on September 19, 1998
Challenges for the Next Century:
- Inauguration of the business session on "Trends in
International Banking" International Banking Conference organised by Indian Banks'
Association at New Delhi on September 16, 1998
- Sir Vithal N. Chandavarkar Memorial Lecture (Twelfth
in the Series) at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore on May 8, 1998
Science, Technology and Development:
- Inaugural address at the meeting of
International Organisation of Securities Commissions at Mumbai on February 11, 1998
Transaction Costs are a 'Deadweight Loss':
Globalisation: Is it good for India?
from Thirty Sixth Convocation Address at Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata,
January 15, 2002
Cost of Delays: Who pays?
Excerpts from the
speech delivered at Insol India Conference at New Delhi on February 26, 2000.
Investors’ Choice: Public Vs. Private
from the address at the High-level Seminar to discuss the need for
re-engineering India’s Financial Markets and Institutions by Society for
Capital Market Research and Development, Mumbai, January 1999.
Exchange Rate Management: Floating Without Sinking
from inaugural remarks at the 21st Asia Pacific Congress held in New Delhi
on December 1, 2000.
Monetary Policy: Is a Single Target Relevant?
of remarks at the 11th C.D.Deshmukh Memorial Lecture in Mumbai on December 7,
Information Technology and Banking Excerpts
from the Inaugural Address at the BancIT 2000 held at Bangalore on July 14,